THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 5, 2009







Well today seemed much better for Gavin.  He and I went to the train yard and he was just so excited!!!  Jumping up and down, hands flapping, and then at one point he was rambling on about stuff but I couldn’t make out what he was saying or talking about.

I am still having trouble with him eating.  He wants to snack but when it comes to meals it’s just hard to get him to sit at the table and eat.  He used to not have such and issue with that.  He is also starting to really invade his little sister’s personal space.  Don’t get me wrong he and her play very well together.  But from where they are home together everyday he gets out of control.  He has said things to me like he doesn’t know what he is supposed to do.  I really think he means that.  He acts like he doesn’t know what he is supposed to do with himself.  There are times when he is showing me affection and it gets a little to close to personal places and I try and tell him but he has yet to really grasp it.

The way he is with  Taylor (my younger sister who is 19 but severally mentally delayed) is frustrating b/c he says some really ugly things to make me feel like he doesn’t like her. He gets really upset and comes to me or Paul and says that Taytay keeps starring at him and he doesn’t like it.  No matter how we explain her to him he just doesn’t understand. He is so smart, learns and memorizes everything but still can’t understand Taylor it’s odd. There are times where he likes to play with her and he is nice to her so just hard to figure it out.

My mom and I started jotting down stuff for Gavin’s new schedule and rules and charts.  I am starting a new behavior reward system along with other charts, now that I have help to make a really good one that fits him.  I found a really good one with feeling faces to help show him how he is for the day.  I want to really work on the whining and tantrums.  So he will learn to communicate how he feels. 

 As I sit here and write about him I am finding it more and more difficult.  There seems to be so much and it’s hard to separate.  Even though it was a good day today and I love him so much and he is fun. I hate the nights like tonight were I dread the next day with him. Just seems so constant.  What Gavin needs, what Gavin wants, when he wants it, how he wants it, what will set him off.  Then I feel like Ally gets less of me and she is in the terrible twos. 

Well I am in hopes that I can get him on the schedule and really work hard on his reward stuff and get him an activity and play dates for the week.  I think that it will make my life much easier once I get it started and get though the first week of it.

Well I guess that is it for now. 

1 comments:

Dawn said...

The good thing is that you have help. I figure between the 3 of us adults, we can handle things.

Of course, I could just be delusional.

You do have a support system now that you didn't have before. We will always be here to help you out with whatever we can.

Love you,
Mom